Do you love strawberry? I do! It’s a special fruit, which symbolizes love and sexuality for centuries. And no wonder… its shape is almost like a heart, it’s beautiful both inner and outer side, its vivid red color attracts you like a magnet and it so juicy and sweet!
There is a legend, that if you break a double strawberry in half and share it with a member of the opposite sex, you will fall in love with each other… Wanna give it a shot?
Ingredients for 2 portions:
200 gr arugula/ rucola
200 – 250 gr strawberry
50 gr nuts of your choice (I like a mix of walnuts and sliced almonds)
50 gr soft goat cheese
1 tablespoon red wine or strawberry vinegar*11/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon nuts oil (I like walnut oil**)
a pinch of salt
* you can buy strawberry vinegar at Oil and Vinegar shop
** you can buy walnut oil at Oil and Vinegar shop , but it's cheapper in AH
1. Put arugula on plates.
2. Cut strawberry on quarters. Put on top of the salad (chaotic or artistic… as you wish).
3. Chop walnuts. Toast them beforehand if you use fresh ones.
4. Cut goat cheese on small pieces. It can be tricky as it extremely soft and sticky, so I use my fingers instead of a knife.
5. Sprinkle nuts and cheese on top of the salad (don’t forget to be artistic... lol)
6. Mix all ingredients for the sauce, blend nicely. Pour the sauce on the top of the salad.
P.S. This salad is easy, but quite exquisite. The taste of arugula, strawberry, goat cheese and nuts in one bite is fresh and harmonious.
You can experiment with this salad in different ways:
1) Blend some fresh strawberries and add them to sauce.
2) Add steam asparagus. Use small one, like here.
3) Don't put to the salad nuts and/ or cheese. BUT I strongly recommend don't do it!
When I was preparing this post, I looked through the Internet and found some interesting fact about strawberry. Do you know that strawberry isn’t a berry actually? It’s a fruit! I’m quite impressed! I should read more:-)
Have a nice day! And good luck with the salad!